Prijava za podjetja
Page name

Basic information for foreign students

The contribution for pension and disability insurance in the amount of 13.95% is deducted from foreigners, but it is not deducted in the case of a foreign citizen that is already included in the compulsory pension and disability insurance on some other basis and he/she can prove that prior to the issue of a referral with an appropriate certificate issued by a foreign institution that is not older than 30 days.

The work, paid with a student referral counts towards pensionable service. The records are kept by the Pension and Disability Insurance Institute. From the gross payment, 13.95 % is deducted for pension and disability insurance.

The pensionable service is calculated on the basis of the gross amount on the referral. In one year, a maximum of 12 months of pensionable service can be granted to a high school student/college student. Click for the informative calculation of the pensionable service.

Work through the student service is not work based on an employment contract, so you are not obliged to sign such a contract.

Before the beginning of work, agree very precisely on all the work conditions with the employer:

  • Payment (payment for work, introduction, calculation of stimulus work, missing inventory...);
  • Duration of work;
  • Requirements, additional conditions, and internal rules at the employer;
  • The period within which you can expect the payment;
  • It is also important that the employer provides you, before you start working, with a signed and validated copy of the referral.
  • It is also important that the employer validates the referral at the beginning of work. This means that the employer signs one copy of the referral or signs it electronically.

It is also important that the employer validates the referral at the beginning of work. This means that the employer signs one copy of the referral or signs it electronically.

At the student service you can find out how regularly your potential employer makes payments. Before you start working, you can check the website to see whether this employer is on the list of employers who do not pay for student work.

In case of disagreement, you can contact the e-Student Service. We will mediate between you and the company.

If you want to ask a question on the subject of disputes, please fill out the form.

In the case that the company does not pay the invoice, we will do out best to ensure that you receive the agreed payment. You can track the entire recovery process. If you believe that an employer does not comply with the agreement, made before the commencement of work or violates your rights, you can contact us and explain the circumstances of the dispute or violation. We will contact the employer and warn him about his obligations.

At workplaces where workers are not threatened by special health hazards and at workplaces where there are no special risks, employers are usually satisfied with a medical certificate that you obtain on the basis of a check-up from the preventive health care program for students, provided that you have been examined in a period not exceeding 5 years. All of the above applies also to high school students.

We suggest that you arrange compulsory health insurance in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Slovenia and EU provisions, as in case of injury, treatment costs may be incurred.

For the regulation of compulsory health insurance, contact the regional unit of the Health Insurance Institute (ZZZS) in Ljubljana or Maribor.

Labour Relations Act specifically regulates the work of persons under the age of 18 who cannot perform overtime work and can work up to 8 hours a day (Legal basis Article 142-146 ZDR-1):

  • Full working time should not be longer than 40 hours/week.

  • Overtime work can take up to 8 hours a week, up to 20 hours a month and up to 170 hours a year. A working day can take up to 10 hours.

  • The employer may not impose full-time work under Articles 144 and 145 of this Act on: a worker in accordance with the provisions of this Act for the protection of pregnancy and parenthood (Article 185), a worker who has not yet reached the age of 18 years.

  • Due to nature or organization of work or users' needs, working hours can be distributed unevenly. In the case of an uneven distribution and temporary re-allocation of a full-time work schedule, the working time may not exceed 56 hours per week.

  • The provision of Article 146 of this law on the prohibition of full-time work shall also apply in case of uneven distribution or redistribution of working time.

  • For students over 18 there are no restrictions regarding night work.

Kako podaljšam status?

Piši nam na [email protected] ali pokliči na najbližjo poslovalnico.




Najbolje plačana študentska dela za generacijo Z

Izjava za medije

Preberi več

Minimalna urna postavka za študentsko delo

Od 3. februarja 2024

Preberi več